Hong Kong Christian Service provides online addiction counselling services to help young internet addicts regain their self-control on computer use, promote the educational messages of healthy computer use to the public and research on the issues of internet addiction on a continuous basis. The program started in 2005 and from 2006 the “Online New Page Project” has become funded by the Community Chest of Hong Kong.
- Registered Social Workers will provide follow up counseling service after receiving the hotline enquiries
- Operating hours of the hotline: on Every Monday to Friday, from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 6pm
Outreaching and Counseling ServiceThrough outreaching and counseling service
- Motivate the young addicts to change and enhance their self control in computer use through outreaching home visits and counseling service
- Assist families in handling their children’s problems on internet addiction or indulgence
- Make referrals and help clients to seek other appropriate social resources
Online Agent Groups (Groups for young people)
- To facilitate young people’s motivation on healthy computer use
- To nurture young people’s interests in areas other than computer use
- To help young people in building self control in computer use
Online Buddy Alliance
- invite young people who have been served by the Project to join our “Online Buddy Alliance”
- a variety of interesting and challenging activities will be organized to build up their interests in areas other than computer and to foster habits in healthy computer use
Parent Support Network
- Help parents to develop their skills and confidence in handling their children’s internet problems
- Help parents to relieve stress in parenting when handling the conflicts aroused from internet problems
- Build up a mutual aid network among parents.
For more information, please visit Hong Kong Christian Service’s website here.